Monday, January 28, 2008

The One with.....Weddings

I hate weddings! Let me tell you why...because it reminded me of things i'll never have or i choose not to have.

Today, i've got a phone call from my best friend Paerot. And she is getting married this June. Who ever thought that Paerot is tying the knot, of all people we often thought that she will be the last on earth to agree doing that. Not because Paerot didnt believe in the very idea of marriage, but she has been through a lot in her previous relationships which often made her cringed everytime. Well, i guess, Paerot and i used to have that "urghh" moment everytime serious relationships knocked on our door. We've been cheated and mistreated...not once but many times. At one point, we believed that there are NO right guys for us...and hence, we opted for singledom. I'm 31 yrs this year and she is 33 yrs and getting married....hahahaha

I remembered the day Paerot called me to announce her engagement. I couldnt believe my ears. Part of me wanted to cry of joy and part of me just wanted to laugh so hard because i thought that was the funniest joke i've ever heard last year. Honestly, i still cant believe that its gonna happen. Anyway, back to that very day of unstoppable shock, i still can hear myself asking her again and over again on the truth of the news. After an hour, i finally accepted the news that my best friend is enggaged to be married. I hysterically laughed.

Different kind of emotions existed that time: doubtful, sad, joy, happy, awe..you just name it.

Why doubt, some might questioned me. Well, when we were still single, we used to critically observed our friends' intention of getting married; whether they are making the right decision, whether they are ready for the 'suffering' and etc. We completed each others thought over these issues, like "....owh yeah, maybe you are right..." or "Do you think......?". Now, i have to do it for both of us...and the subject of discussion is her. Hahaha..Kidding babe. I trust you to have choosen the right path. Seriously, I'm elated.

I'm happy that Paerot finally find her prince charming who is going to treat her right, to care for her, to love her and her mum and most of all, to accept her for who she was. When she told me the wedding date today, i was kinna relieved because its gonna happen eventually although some issues arose before with the fiance.

So, today, we talked about the hantaran, the wedding dress and those every litle details a wedding is supposed to be. We discussed on feelings and hopes and wishes. And at that very moment, my mind starts to jump all over the places over what wedding gift should i buy. Then i remembered that white wedding dress tucked somewhere in my closet. I know, you guys would probably say..."What? She has a wedding dress ready?"...and "She's probably insane!" hahahaha... Well, i could resist buying it. I fell in love with it and thought, why not...i was in a serious relationship back then and he might pop the question anytime. But nothing happened. So, the dress is still there waiting. The dress will look good on Paerot, i know because she is going to be a happy bride wearing it.

No comments: